Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Is Your Calander Full??

Each day I will do my best to update the blog with a new post and topic of discussion for us, having said this it got me to thinking "How do I make time for another activity on my calander?"

Each of us are so busy with activities, kids, appointments just with keeping schedules and it got me to thinking "What does my calander say about my walk with the Lord?" Is my calander so full of "stuff" that I simply do not have room to "pencil" in time with the Father? As hard as it is to admit, I have fallen pray to this and wonder if maybe I'm not alone?

We have a funny way of trying to "justify" our inability to spend time with the one that gave His life for us. We wrap it up in the fact that I attend service on Sunday or "I'm there everytime the doors are open on Wed night", but are we really WITH HIM in those times? I would like for all of us to ask ourselves the question "Father am I truly giving you my best?" let's all take some spiritual "inventory" and see what the Father would reveal to us. I look forward to hearing all of your comments and invite you to join us every Thursday Night at 7:00pm at the South Plains CoC Annex for a time of vibrant praise and worship.

God Bless,
Steve

3 comments:

Penciler of Songs said...

Hi,
I like the green. Reminds me of Spring for some reason.

I did enjoy Joel's singing last night. I'm trying to make a similar sound of worship in TexEnglish for us.

Won't be ready tonight.
I may not be there tonight. There's a memorial service for a friend tonight and I may go to that.

Hear you soon!
Sharlan

Vanessa Davis said...

Hi

I know that I am not giving my heavenly father my best. When life takes place we forget that the Lord is center of it all.

My calander and my spiritual walk do not resemable each other. Even though what is on my calander is ministry stuff and pertains to church in some form of fashion.

I get so involved in minsitry that I forget to spend time with my Lord and that is what I need to be doing.

Vanessa Davis

Su said...

I have often thought of actually scheduling my prayer/study time (just to make sure it gets done), but have rarely done it. One reason for this is that it feels awkward to "schedule" time with God, as if it were a meeting to attend. In those circumstances it is almost as though that time belongs to God, but the rest of my time belongs to something/someone else.

On the other hand, it that's what it takes, more power to you.